Green Chilli Fried Chicken
Frying chicken legs is surely a delight to the eye and to eat of-course. Once in a while, we love to have shallow fried chicken legs for dinner, along with chapati or just mayonnaise.
Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and salt are the usual ingredients that goes into my chicken marinade. This time, for a change I replaced red chilli powder with crushed green chillies and also brought onion paste into the picture. We all know that caramelized onions taste super delicious, so I was just curious to find out how it would add to the taste of ordinary fried chicken. End result was super juicy chicken with a spicy and hot taste from the green chillies, ginger & garlic along with a new depth of flavor from the caramelized onions.
Fresh Chicken, 2 leg piece
Onion, 3 medium sized, mashed
Ginger, 2 thumb-sized pieces, mashed
Garlic, 2 medium sized bulbs, mashed
8 to 10 Green Chilies, crushed
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1. Prepare marinade by mixing 4 to 5 tablespoon onion paste, 2 teaspoon ginger paste, 2 teaspoon garlic paste, 2 to 3 teaspoon crushed chillies, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and salt.
2. Score the chicken. Take a knife and slice through the chicken. This will help the flavor from marinade to infuse into the chicken rather than just being on the surface.
3. Apply marinade on the chicken. Cover and keep aside for atleast 1 hour. For best flavor, you can marinate the chicken overnight and leave in refrigerator.
Let's Start Cookin'
1. Heat a fry-pan/skillet. Pour enough oil to shallow fry our chicken.
2. Place the chicken pieces and fry on medium flame for 15 minutes.
3. Flip the pieces and fry on medium heat for another 15 minutes.
4. Serve it hot.